Old June 25th 11, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default Oyster incomplete journeys research published

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:12:05 +0100, "Mizter T"
wrote:

My understanding is that you *can* get Oyster CS to send you a cheque,
however the default route for refunds is that they are sent to a station's
gateline/validators for collection when passing through.

They sent me a cheque when the person in their calling centre left
without finishing her call data. I had asked for a refund at a Tube
station. Within 2 days a letter arrived with the cheque, letter saying
they saw I was owed dosh but they could not see how it was to be
done as the person had left matters incomplete, so here's a cheque.
Quite honest of them!

No good if you're departing at LHR T1345 of course. And I have had to
hang up and call again if tubbie 1 isn't playing ball. Call centres
are the spawn of satan (1D & Be excepted..), TFL should sort out a
better mechanism - preferably where your call costs *them* money as an
incentive.

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com