Old June 26th 11, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow PRT pods now in service at last?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message , at 12:47:37 on
Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Recliner remarked:
I've not noticed anything posted here, but it looks like the
much-delayed Heathrow pods are finally in service (or are they
technically still on trial?). Anyone here tried them yet?

Are they free, and don't require an airline ticket? If so I'll try
them out next time I'm at the airport.

Yes, they just run from T5 to the business car park. As the journey only
takes five minutes, you should be able to fit in a return journey in 15
mins or so. My next trip to T5 is in less than three weeks, so I'll see
if I can have a trip after checking in. Of course, sod's law says
they'll be bustituted on that day...