Old June 27th 11, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default "Geographically accurate Tube Map"

In message , at 10:04:22 on
Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Paul Scott remarked:
It needs a few tweaks to get it right, but idea is a good one.

eg, HEx should be shown going through Ealing Broadway (& Westbourne Pk)

Why is HEX even shown - if it appears why don't all mainline services?

Arguably it's Connect (although that makes missing Ealing Broadway even
worse) due to showing a through route to T4.

Maybe they are anticipating a day when these services join the "zones"
for fare purposes. As it is, the map is quite good at showing which tube
services to use *instead* of HEx, if the HEx price puts you off.

Looking at the loop there has made me think about Euston, where as drawn
you might expect trains from the north to be able to reverse. It needs
to be split a bit like the Picc and Northern are at KX.

I like the distinction between tube and subsurface at KX, but it really
needs a similar "dual lozenge" at Baker St. (and possibly other stations
like Earls Ct to South Ken, Liverpool St etc). Or are they trying to
show a gateline rather than physical distance, in which case Stratford
might need looking at (as well as LHR T123/T4, but oddly T5 breaks the
symmetry).