Old June 27th 11, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "Geographically accurate Tube Map"

"Roland Perry" wrote:

In message , at 15:29:32 on Mon, 27 Jun 2011,
Mizter T remarked:
[snip]
I like the distinction between tube and subsurface at KX, but it really
needs a similar "dual lozenge" at Baker St. (and possibly other stations
like Earls Ct to South Ken, Liverpool St etc). Or are they trying to
show a gateline rather than physical distance, in which case Stratford
might need looking at (as well as LHR T123/T4, but oddly T5 breaks the
symmetry).

Are you referring to the 'internal gateline' at Stratford, which gated in
the Jubilee line platforms? If so that went a while back - autumn '09 I
think.

Probably. So you can switch freely between all the lines now?

Yep.

Paul C has stated in the past that the aforementioned gateline was the
result of a somewhat contentious policy of gating in some (or all?) of the
new Jubilee Line Extension stations/platforms where there was interchange
with other NR lines, so West Ham would have been another example (dunno
about interchange with the DLR at Canning Town - I'd guess not, as there's
not the space). In the end, as the Stratford 'internal gateline' was
basically a one off, I dare say it confused a fair few people (I certainly
met a few) - the Parisian situation, for example, is different as there are
internal gatelines which exist between the Metro and RER for
'correspondence'.

Anyway, it was possibly removed because it was too difficult to make it work
with the upgrade to the Oyster system which came in in preparation for PAYG
being rolled out across NR in London (or alternatively it wasn't thought
worthwhile trying to make it work with the upgraded system).