Old June 27th 11, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default "Geographically accurate Tube Map"

Roland Perry wrote on 27 June 2011 20:08:17 ...
In , at 18:43:45 on Mon, 27
Jun 2011, Richard remarked:

It needs a few tweaks to get it right, but idea is a good one.

eg, HEx should be shown going through Ealing Broadway (& Westbourne Pk)

Why is HEX even shown - if it appears why don't all mainline services?

Arguably it's Connect (although that makes missing Ealing Broadway even
worse) due to showing a through route to T4.

Connect no longer runs through to T4. There is a HEx-liveried shuttle
service between Heathrow Central and T4.

Looking at their online timetable, it doesn't seem to run through to T5
either.

Correct. Despite the headline on their site which says "Improved
service to Terminal 4", Connect only runs between Paddington and
Heathrow Central (T1&3), apart from a few journeys at the start and end
of the day. It has never served T5.

But it runs through to T4 on a Sunday.

So it does. I hadn't noticed that. It appears to be the old arrangement
whereby the Connect train does PAD - T1&3 - T4 - T1&3 - T4 - T1&3 - PAD.
--
Richard J.