Old June 27th 11, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Heathrow PRT pods now in service at last?

On 26/06/2011 12:47, Recliner wrote:
I've not noticed anything posted here, but it looks like the
much-delayed Heathrow pods are finally in service (or are they
technically still on trial?). Anyone here tried them yet?

Here's a recent video I came across:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NCnvBS2SME. It looks like a rather slow
and bumpy ride, but still better than the previous bus, and the views
are good. You even get delays before journeys start, just like the Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1cQVMm2rA

I notice they have right-hand running, despite being from a UK company.
This initial system isn't exactly ambitious, with very few stops (I
think two in the car park, and one at the terminal).

I heard a rumour here a while ago that they plan to have staff on site
for about a month after the PRT's start up to keep gawkers away.