Old June 28th 11, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Remaining bendy buses

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:00:26 +0100
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
I'm not so sure. I think there was a small very vocal minority who
couldn't
stand them and made damn sure everyone knew it , but the vast majority of
users were more than happy with them. I used them intermittently for a
while
and I found them a pleasure to use. Far nicer than having to crawl up the
staircase in a double decker and hang on for dear life while the driver
floors it and then when I get to the top deck its more like a greenhouse
than
a method of transport. And thats without the obligatory yoofs hanging
around
on the back seat.

There were yoofs on the bendies as well. And I used the new doubledecker 25

Yes, but because they're not hidden away they don't cause to much grief.

both ways today - much more pleasant, a much better chance of getting a
seat, a much more realistic official capacity and far less of the crush
crowding so hated on the bendies.

How can a bus with less seats offer more chance of getting a seat? As for
crush crowding I've yet to see 4 people fall down a staircase on a bendy
as I have on a double decker. I realise double deckers are seen to be
British and worthy and all that nonsense but IMO they are the worst bus
design on the planet without a single redeeming feature. There's a good
reason that very few countries use them - they're crap.

B2003