Old June 28th 11, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Kia Or!

*From:*
*Date:* Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:23:25 -0500

In article ,
() wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Offramp wrote:

On Jun 24, 1:50*pm, "tim...."

wrote:

As a cricket fan, I still haven't the faintest idea what a

"Brit"
product is, so it hasn't worked very well.

I am a cricket fan as well and I too have only a vague idea

about what a Brit is.
I do not drive a car, so at first the Kia name went over my

head as well. My first thought were indeed of Kia Ora, the
cinema drink.

Cinema drink? What? All i know about it is that it's too

orangey for crows. I mentally conflate it with Capri Sun,
which was different, and came in foil packets like spacemen
doubtless have.

Crazy week so far, which at one point involved spewing down

the inside of my jeans! -- D

My recollection of Kia Or from my visits to the pictures many,
many years ago was that it was in a semi-opaque plastic
rectangular container with an orange top that you poked a

plastic straw through. Kia-Or, and the choc ices formed the
bulk of the contents of the usherettes tray at the interval
between the B and A movies, although I think they also had fags
in the evening shows. I seem to remember they also advertised
Kia-Or and the choc ices on the screen as well, together with
the "local curry house" (when the Taj Mahal etc. was still a
rareity) advert.

I haven't been to the pictures for a very long while now, so I
don't know if they still sell Kia Or there.

I've just Googled and found the advert:
http://tinyurl.com/6awpyup

Rather making the point I was about to make that it was Kia-Ora,
not Kia-Or.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I see that I put Or instead of Ora - that's what happens when you just
accept what the spell check says :-)

Roger