Old June 29th 11, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default "Geographically accurate Tube Map"

On Jun 26, 6:43*pm, Martin Petrov
wrote:
http://london-tubemap.com/

I know we all know that the tube map is far from geographically accurate
and there have been loads of maps that have appeared that show where the
lines accurately - but this one is the closest I've seen to something
that straddles complete accuracy and cleanness of the real current one.

Would there be any value in this (or similar) becoming the standard tube
map as opposed to the current one?

It seems to me to miss the very thing that makes the (modern
equivalent of the) Beck diagram useful: limiting to horizontal and
vertical lines, and the 45deg diagonals. That, in my opinion, makes
it easy for the eye to scan across and pick out whatever station or
line is required. With its mass/mess of lines all over the place,
it's a strain to read, like small print in poor light. At least the
angles are curved.

PhilD