Old February 11th 04, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

Andrew P Smith wrote:
In article , Cast_Iron
writes

Did anyone suggest you should carry that lot on the underground?

The suggestion was anti car, I can't do my job without my car (or a
small van etc).

My reading of it was to question why someone would want to sit in an endless
traffic jam if they don't need to. Carrying large quantities of equipment
obviously limits one's choices. That is not anti-car, merely pro public
transport and if more people not carrying large quantiites of equipment were
to use public transport it would leave the roads clearer for people such as
you who do have a demonstrable need..