Old July 11th 11, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On Jul 11, 7:34*pm, Tim Watts wrote:

Jon Porter wrote:

On Jul 11, 6:47 pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
I think thanks is in order for completely ****ing up. On a Victoria Line
train at about 5.20 pm that after the doors closed at Oxford Circus then
sat for a couple of minutes unable to start. After a lot of sounds of air
bleeding the train pulls *a few hudred yards into the tunnel then comes
to a very abrupt stop. Waits for 5 minutes, no announcements. more sounds
of bleeding air then sets off and again abruptly stops. This happens
several more times.
Get to Warren St and I was in two mids whether to get off. But the train
wasn't withdrawn so think ok.
A lot of very abrupt announcements from the dispatcher not to join the
train, the doors are closing but the train still didn't move with the
doors still open. More announcements to beware of the closing doors, well
people needn't have worried because the train pulled out with doors open.
The doors finally closed as we abruptly stopped half in and half out of
the tunnel. Eventually get turfed off. Nearly have a punch up on the
escalator with the **** who thinks it is fine to barge in ahead of
everybody else. Then have the privilege of having to swipe out to get out
of the now closed station.
So all in all nearly killed on the train, involved in a fight with an
ignorant ****, half an hour late home and paid a full zone 2 to zone 1
station and having to walk to Euston.Well done London Underground. I take
it that it was a technical fault. I would hate to think there will be
more strikes because a driver was sacked for overiding safety protocols.
Now when are those Olympics.

Nearly killed on a train? What by? An over active sense of the
dramatic?

obviousThe train should not have been moving with the doors open under any
circumstances/obvious - whilst an adult might have been OK, what if a
little kid had bolted for the doors (etc etc)?

OK, missed that on my first reading of his rant - mea culpa.