Old July 12th 11, 08:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

"Zen83237" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

How were your nearly killed on the train?

How is the ignorant so-and-so LU's responsibility?

Warren Street to Euston isn't very far to walk.

Cue a response calling me an apologist - I'm not, I'm just taking
issue with aspects of your rant which don't dispose me to look
favourably on your complaints. I was expecting a proper tale of real
woe. This ain't one. Get over yourself.

Well lets think about this. It is ok for tube trains to be in motion with
the doors open. This is in the rush hour. The trains are crowded people
are standing next to an open door, they can be accidently pushed or jolted
out of the train.
Had the incident not happened there would have been a mass exidus from the
station. So what if Warren Street is close to Euston, I have paid for
Hammersmith to Euston, not Warren Street.
Lets say somebody had been killed as a result. No doubt we would have
heard blah blah blah, lessons learnt blah blah blah.
This kind of lethagy caused the Kings Cross fire, blah blah lessons learnt
blah blah.
Surley isn't too much to ****ing ask to have a safety cut, doors open,
train can't go. Even I could design that.
You must work for LUL to support them for a safety failure.

I missed the crucial fact about the doors being open whilst the train was in
motion as it was buried in amongst the rest of your particularly un-Zen-like
rant - it would have been preferable if you had structured your post rather
differently and made the door issue your primary focus, because that is
indeed the overwhelming issue at hand - some guy barging into you on the
escalator, or having to walk from Warren St to Euston, are but tertiary
issues compared to that happening. A door of a train being open whilst it's
in motion is indeed a major safety issue and a serious concern. And no, I
don't work for LUL (or Bombardier etc).