Old July 12th 11, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

wrote in message

In article , (Mizter T)
wrote:

"David Cantrell" wrote:

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:20:00PM +0100, Peter Masson wrote:

And if the gateline was
still in operation, it will at least mean that PAYG passengers have
evidence of leaving at Warren Street, so can no doubt get their
fare refunded orcompensation for the disrupted journey.

Assuming that they jump through TfL's expensive and inconvenient
hoops to do so.

You mean filling out a secure online web form?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/

I really hate online web forms because you don't get a copy of what
you wrote for your own records. Or is this one unlike all the others?
I wasn't aware of the form and used the phone last time.

I've used that form, and as you say, it doesn't give you a copy of the
complaint's details, just a complaint number. You only discover that
your complaint has been successful when an envelope arrives in the post
some weeks later with a standard apology letter and the voucher you have
to give to an LU ticket office, if you can find one that's open. I would
have thought they should send an email to say that the refund was in the
post, and perhaps provide an option to get it credited automatically to
your Oyster pre-pay balance.

It also only allows you to claim back the fare of a journey delayed by
15+ minutes, but doesn't provide a way to deal with Oyster overcharges
(for example, if the delay is long, you'll probably also get charged for
two incomplete journeys) which I think can only be dealt with on the
phone.