Old July 12th 11, 06:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross[_3_] Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:29:03 +0100 [UTC], Zen83237 wrote:
"Ross" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:07:38 +0100 [UTC], Zen83237 wrote:

[big snip]
Sorry but I think for a **** up on that scale a rant is deserved.

If you're only concerned with ranting you may as well go and stand on
a street corner shouting at passers-by.

If, on the other hand, you want some sensible reactions and possibly
advice about the best ways to get something done about what is indeed
a serious issue, it might help if you calm down, stop ranting at
people who don't respond the way you want - and post messages that are
actually readable.

Otherwise people won't even bother reading your messages and you'll be
wasting your time.

(Before you ask, no, I don't work for LU or any bit of TfL or have
anything to do with LU trains)

[...]

Well had it been left to people reading the TfL report they would have
successfully swept the problem under the carpet. I assume you would rather
believe the TfL version.

You do make some rather huge assumptions, starting with assuming that
we know any more than what you've told us.

So: What TfL version? What TfL report?

Note - in railway language a report is a formal document, not (for
example) the bull some spokescritter comes out with when a journalist
phones up.

If there is a TfL Report, that means there has been an investigation.
From experience investigations take time - as in weeks, not days or
hours.

So: When did this incident happen? Your original posting implied it
had only just happened (i.e. sometime today), but if there's a TfL
Report then it happened some time ago. If it did happen today, then
not only has there not yet been a report, there hasn't been time for
an investigation either.

Rant or not enough people read it.

Only until they get bored of it, as I for one am now doing.
Have you noticed how fewer and fewer people are replying to you?
That should tell you something: it suggests that people are beginning
to ignore you.

It's simple, really; you can either post reasonably and get both
understanding of the issue (and how it's affected you), and advice of
what you need to do and how to escalate beyond TfL to the important
people, or you can carry on ranting at everyone, carry on asserting
that we're opposed to you - and carry on being ignored by more and
more people.
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...