Old July 13th 11, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

wrote:

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/

I really hate online web forms because you don't get a copy of what
you wrote for your own records. Or is this one unlike all the others?
I wasn't aware of the form and used the phone last time.

I've used that form, and as you say, it doesn't give you a copy of
the complaint's details, just a complaint number. You only discover
that your complaint has been successful when an envelope arrives in
the post some weeks later with a standard apology letter and the
voucher you have to give to an LU ticket office, if you can find
one that's open. I would have thought they should send an email to
say that the refund was in the post, and perhaps provide an option
to get it credited automatically to your Oyster pre-pay balance.

It also only allows you to claim back the fare of a journey delayed
by 15+ minutes, but doesn't provide a way to deal with Oyster
overcharges (for example, if the delay is long, you'll probably
also get charged for two incomplete journeys) which I think can
only be dealt with on the phone.

Oh, right. Total waste of time then.

Total waste of time for those people who've been delayed on a Tube journey
for 15+ minutes and wish to claim a refund as per the customer charter - how
do you figure that one out?

P.S. Haven't people had success with getting refunds for timeout type
situations by using the secure contact form here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact ? (Yes, I know it's another web form!)