Old July 13th 11, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

"Recliner" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

P.S. Haven't people had success with getting refunds for timeout type
situations by using the secure contact form here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact ? (Yes, I know it's another web form!)

I found you just get an email apology, but no action, when you complain
about Oyster time-outs on-line. I had to call the helpline, which was
decidedly unhelpful, but eventually coughed up after quite an argument (I
had to remind the operator that the call was probably being recorded, so
he'd better be more helpful). You can also try a ticket office, if you can
find one open, and they seem to have some limited power to deal with it,
as long as you do it within a week or so.

That's disappointing to hear.

I must work harder to try and get some unresolved journeys as a result of
OSI time-out issues so I can experience this first hand.

That said, the Oyster bods do seem to do some sort of trawl for likely
Oyster OSI time-out related double charges, which can then result in the
automated (and suitably vague) "Due to operational issues..." email
proffering a refund appearing few days later. I guess one suggestion is that
those people with registered Oyster cards could try waiting for a few days
to see if such an email arrives before initiating contact themselves.