Old July 13th 11, 09:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

No mention of RAIB, and when I spoke to the RAIB reporting point after
reading the first internet post about the incident, they weren't aware of
the occurrence.

Shouldn't the train be quarantined in situ until RAIB either attend or agree it's
movement?

I'm not sure that RAIB necessarily need to be involved.

I think some contributors need to stand back from this a bit and think
a bt more rationally.

There is a big difference between a train moving off with doors open
and continuing with doors open (as occurred at Kentish Town on FCC a
few weeks back), and train departing a station with not all doors
closed and then near immediately brought to a controlled emergency
stop.

For the train on topic here, all reports indicate the train did halt
with a least some some cars in the platform, which to me suggests a
controlled emergency stop. Some of the less hysterical reports also
indicate the doors problem was not all cars but only some. One door
open is not good, but get a grip on reality here.

Door failures are not wholly unheard of on the underground or main
line, but you don't see RAIB investigations for trains where correct
emergency stops were occurred.

IMHO I suggest that this is probably not a RAIB reportable incident.

--
Nick