Old July 14th 11, 12:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

"Recliner" wrote:

wrote:

I remember reading an anecdote on here years ago (god knows whether
it was true) that once when an LU engineering train stopped at a
still open station a few of the passengers tried to get onto the
wagons. No doubt just happy to get a seat.

Presumably thought they'd missed the last train, and just happy to take
any escape route.

I recall a story of an angry bloke trying to get himself and his family into
the cab of a freight train (or light?) locomotive at I think Wandsworth Rd
station, which seems bizarre enough to be true.