Old July 14th 11, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Sucks for people who rarely travel by train, like those who mostly use
buses.

Yes, though I'd suggest such people are less likely to encounter Oyster
charging issues that lead on to refunds being given.

How easy is it to claim back when buses are taken out of service? I've had
this a couple of times, once with the bus not moving at all from where I
boarded, the other where it terminated short and everyone was told to get
on a following one - but the subsequent bus driver insisted we had to
touch in.

(Both times I'd already hit my cap but in other circumstances I'd have
wound up paying twice needlessly.)

When a bus is terminated short then passengers should be able to get a
transfer ticket from the driver in order to continue their journey on
another bus - however these often don't seem to be proffered by the driver
without prompting. (On a recent occasion when the bus was terminated short a
controller at the bus stop shepherded all the pax on the bus going nowhere
across to another bus that had just arrived at the stop, having conversed
with the driver.)

Any idea what was going on in the first example you give?