Old July 14th 11, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thank you London Underground

In article
,
(solar penguin) wrote:

wrote:

In article ,
(Mizter T)
wrote:

The Oyster maximum journey time limits are fairly generous - I
wouldn't generally expect a 'normal' delay on the Tube (of say 20
mins or whatever) to bust them.

Not that generous if you remember the discussion about a journey from
King Cross to Putney via Highbury & Islington, Willesden Junction and
Clapham Junction. :-)

Why on earth would they want to go that way? Victoria Line to Oxford
Circus, Bakerloo to Waterloo, then SWT would be a lot quicker.

It was pleasant to experience the new ELL, NLL and WLL trains and
services. I couldn't have taken your suggested route anyway as I had a
bike with me. I suspect you missed a thread on this a week or two ago.

By the way, your route isn't the right direct one either. Try Victoria
Line to Vauxhall and SWT from there to Putney.

(Yes, I know, Putney isn't the sort of place that anyone would hurry
to get to, and I can't blame them for wanting to delay reaching
there. But even Putney's got to be more pleasant than travelling on
the North London Line!)

Watch it you! I was brought up in Putney! :-)

Though I suppose you must have a point because I was glad to stop living
there over 40 years ago.

However, my mother still lives there and every good boy visits his mother
when he can as I'm sure you know. As she was out at an appointment until
lunchtime I was indeed in no hurry to get to my parental home before she
did.

--
Colin Rosenstiel