Old July 15th 11, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On 14/07/2011 13:26, W14_Fishbourne wrote:
On Jul 14, 1:09 pm, "Mizter wrote:

I remember reading an anecdote on here years ago (god knows whether
it was true) that once when an LU engineering train stopped at a
still open station a few of the passengers tried to get onto the
wagons. No doubt just happy to get a seat.

Presumably thought they'd missed the last train, and just happy to take
any escape route.

I recall a story of an angry bloke trying to get himself and his family into
the cab of a freight train (or light?) locomotive at I think Wandsworth Rd
station, which seems bizarre enough to be true.

Some people are clearly far too stupid to be allowed to travel.

He probably insisted that the freight carry HIM and HIS family.