Old July 15th 11, 10:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On 15/07/2011 02:01, Clive wrote:
In message
,
W14_Fishbourne writes
However, I am a bit mystified why the door interlocking doesn't (a)
just prevent power being taken when a door is open rather than, as the
implication is here, (b) allowing power to be taken then cutting it
off if a door is open. Presumably interlocking of type (b) also covers
the event of a train door coming open while the train is moving,
giving two levels of protection for the price of one.

As I said in an earlier post, I think that the driver may have thought
that he had an indication that the doors were closed. When he hit the
release button, the train may have tried to take off, but the lack of a
door circuit cut out the traction control circuits.

In my time on both the Northern and Central lines trains were frequently
moved around depots with the doors wide open, if only to get some fresh
air through them.

That's because the driver had turned on the bypass switch.