Old July 16th 11, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL's bid to control trains has much going for it - Mark Hansford

In article ,
(Tim Roll-Pickering) wrote:

Arthur Figgis wrote:

Not a new idea of course - the London Regional Rail Authority concept
was being pushed a few years back by TfL under then Mayor Ken. Any
plans to wrest more control over to TfL of London area rail services
are to be welcomed I reckon

As long as it doesn't mean my 377s are replaced by 378s, or the
focus becomes entirely on zone 1 with a "there be dragons"
approach to anything which heads beyond zone 6.

Personally I'd like to see my 315s replaced with a better laid out
carriage and the 378 lay out would probably be the best for the
crush crowds on the Shenfield Metro.

But I agree about the beyond Zone 6 attitude (although if Oyster
PAYG was extended to some of those stations it would be a
significant improvement).

What will happen to the 315s after Crossrail?

--
Colin Rosenstiel