Old February 11th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default Bus Routes.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Kat
), in message
who said:
I'm fine at showing people best routes to use on the Underground but
does anyone have any ideas about the most useful ten/twenty bus routes
to learn?
The ones I know well are, 279, 253, 29, 8 (plus 25 and other local
ones) TIA

Generally, I find the most useful routes are those that link other transport
connections - e.g. rail and tube stations, without duplicating them.

From a South London perspective, my personal favourite is the 270.

Mitcham (Tramlink)
Tooting (Thameslink),
Tooting Broadway (Northern Line)
Earlsfield (SWT?)
Wandsworth (no good public transport)
East Putney / Putney Bridge (District Line)

BTN