Old July 17th 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL's bid to control trains has much going for it - Mark Hansford

On 17/07/2011 09:29, 1506 wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:09 am, Paul wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:51:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Jul 16, 1:29 pm,
wrote:
On 15/07/2011 15:21, 1506 wrote:
The performance of the Metropolitan Line Vs. Chiltern tells a very
different story.

How so?

Chiltern's level of comfort, PIS, punctuality, et al, far exceeds LU's
on the London Amersham route.

Based on what evidence and over what time period please?

Haha, I have been familier with the route on and off almost all of my
life. But lets just look at the current incarnation: How do the
passenger facilities at Baker Street compare with Marylebone? Think
about platform indicators, and concourse spaciousness? Does Baker
Street have an M&S food outlet? Can Baker Street handle wheelchair
users? Do you have any gentleman's or lady's rooms at Baker Street?

The rolling stock: Do you really think "S" stock with its lack of
seating, not to mention WCs, compares to 166s? Consider the height of
the seat backs and seat comfort levels, which is the better? "S"
stock may be fine for short journeys on the Circle Line. I would not
wish it on anyone for a trip to the County of Buckingham. One can
only pity those with back problems.

I recently took a ride out to Chesham on an S-8 -- not very comfortable
at all, really. It makes me think that I will miss the 62A stock.

I notice that they don't have any space that allows you to comfiortable
stand by the doors, without getting in the way of embarking and
disembarking passengers.