Old July 18th 11, 10:07 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Whither Thameslink to Cambridge?

On Jul 18, 10:51*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Jamie *Thompson" wrote in ...

I was under the impression that both the up and down goods were being
upgraded, these being on the "outside" of the existing lines...? (all
still happily in the right places for conflict-free operation between
the flyover at Ally Pally and the pair of diveunders at Finsbury Park,
I might add).

That's correct, however they are treated as two separate (but related)
projects by NR, and each direction can stand alone - and I think one
direction may have had a higher priority initially.

However according to the most up to date enhancements plan they both now
have the same start and *completion dates, ie Jan 2012 - Dec 2013...

Will this allow the Moorgate to WGC service to operate completely
independently from the KX/Thameslink trains. That is to say no shared
track? If so, it would eliminate service polution issues.