Old July 16th 03, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nick Finnigan Nick Finnigan is offline

Default the quest for safety

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

Then we have what sounds like an HGV following another large vehicle
too close to be able to stop. HGV drivers are generally very skilful
and vigilant, but if they have a fault it is draughting other large
vehicles. Was that what was going on here? We don't know, of course.

The existence of multi-lane roads pretty much supports being
allowed to get too close to stop if someone moves over suddenly.
(The pictures of the damage suggest an offset collision,
rather than both vehicles being in the same lane before).