Old July 20th 11, 09:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Overground SLL link

On Jul 20, 10:44*pm, wrote:

My first thought would be the Laverstock loop outside Salisbury,
------and quickly flipping through Google I see this was suggested
by one of the regulars on here in a similar discussion about *this in
the group about 4 years ago. At the time he mentioned suggestions that
the loop may have been reconnected for a time in WW2 but had seen no
real evidence,anyway he'll be along himself shortly I'm sure.
Wonder if the Luftwaffe took any aerial photos of the area?

;o)

Its interesting you mention aerial photos.

There were dummy sites before d-day where false railheads were set up
- e.g. one just to the north of South Charford (between Breamore and
Downton) level crossing where my gram was crossing keeper.

It has occurred to me maybe Laverstock loop was such a dummy - this
would explain why trains were /apparently/ on it yet no record of its
connection at the north/east end at the period is known.

--
Nick