Old July 20th 11, 10:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross[_3_] Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Overground SLL link

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:32:41 +0100 [UTC], Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:58:31 on Wed, 20 Jul
2011, Clive Page remarked:
SLL extension new works by Birse Metro. The contractor's site he

http://www.overgroundextension.co.uk

Is it reasonable to call it a "frequent" service if there are only 4
trains/hour?

Many people would kill for 4tph. My own view (coloured in some part by
being a past user of the outer fringes of the Met line) is that
something magic happens between 3tph and 4tph - despite it only reducing
the interval by 5 minutes. Such that 4tph is a frequent enough service
it's turn-up-and-go for most users.

I'd go as far as to say between 2tph and 3th - when the Birmingham SH
- Dorridge line went up from 2 to 3tph, we noticed that if you rolled
into a station heading out of city 15 minutes before a city-bound
train was due, people would be wandering onto that platform, so
clearly were turning up on spec.

We also noticed that people got a lot less forgiving of minor (3, 4, 5
minute) delays...
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...