Old July 21st 11, 08:08 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Overground SLL link

"brixtonite" wrote

Didn't mean to complain exactly - the ELL extension to Clapham
Junction will be a huge improvement on what's currently available on
the SLL and I am sure it will be very popular. I just think it's a
shame it can't run to tube or DLR frequencies, and likewise for other
national rail routes in areas not served by the tube.

When the Clapham Junction service starts the core section of the ELL
(Dalston Junction to Surrey Quays) will go up from 12 to 16 tph. On the new
section, ELL LO trains will have to share tracks with Southern trains
between Old Kent Road Junction and Peckham Rye, and with Southeastern and
freight between Crofton Road Junction and Wandsworth Road.

Peter