Old July 21st 11, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default Overground SLL link

On 2011-07-20 21:39:18 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:32:14 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

As a local to me example the Hertford East - Stratford service is only
hourly (!) off peak and at best half hourly in the peaks. OK

Not in the current M-F timetable, surely? Table 22 tells me there is no
off-peak service from Hertford East to Stratford, just half hourly to
Liverpool Street. There is also an hourly service from Stansted Airport or
Bishop's Stortford to Stratford. From Hertford you can connect into this
at various stations between Broxbourne and Tottenham Hale.

sigh - so I got the northern destination wrong. The train service is
hourly from "somewhere" to Stratford. I am sure it used to be to /
from Hertford East. As I am only travelling between two stops I don't
care where it goes to beyond T Hale!

I should remember this place is pedant's corner.

A long, long time ago - when Stansted Airport station first opened -
there was an hourly stopper running Stansted Airport - Stratford -
Hertford East and vice versa, running both ways through Channelsea
Junction.