Old July 21st 11, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Overground SLL link

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:07:52 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 07:56:26PM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm not sure that Overground is being marketed as an almost tube
line in terms of frequencies.

Maybe not in terms of frequencies, but it is marketed as being a tube
line. Consider the announcements at stations that these days often
end "there is a good service on all other underground lines,
including the DLR and London Overground".

That isn't a marketing point. It reflects the fact that management of
Underground and Rail operations is now under Mike Brown. Therefore
all
TfL rail services should be grouped as a whole.

The average passenger neither knows nor cares who the manager just
happens to be. If the Overground is included with the Underground (for
whatever reason) rather than proper railways, then people are going to
treat it as being like the Underground rather than the proper railways.
It's that simple.

Other manifestations
of this are the combined service status info on the TfL real time page
and on display boards. Our internal info feed now covers DLR and
Overground as well as the Tube.

The average passenger is not going to take your internal info feed into
account when judging the Overground frequencies.