Old July 22nd 11, 07:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Overground SLL link

These days there
are decent numbers of people using Bethnal Green and plenty of people
get on and off at Hackney Downs. People also seem to use Cambridge
Heath and London Fields but not in massive numbers. NXEA stations
aren't the best though and I suspect the "London Overground spec" would
brighten them up and make them feel much safer and "looked after" than
they appear at present.

Certainly agree with that - I used commute from London Fields a lot, and
certainly London Fields was a truly horrible station in almost all ways -
the lowest part being someone shooting-up on the staircase in the evening
rush hour as people were getting off the train. No facilities, no staff
(ever?) almost no shelter if it rained, ugh - horrible. Yet it was such a
great journey - you got a seat without any problem, at any stage of
either rush hour, so it had great potential, and while Cambridge Heath
has good competition from Bethnal Green tube, London Fields has a large
catchment area with limited alternative routes - it could be a great
station, especially as the neighbourhood is particularly up and coming.