Old July 23rd 11, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_3_] Robin[_3_] is offline

Default Overground SLL link

I thought that official TfL policy was to describe the lines as
"Richmond to Stratford" etc rather than NLL, ELL etc. I would guess
that the expectation is that the official naming policy should be used
on any announcements about disruptions or planned closures. Still this
weekend there are no planned works at all on the Overground network!

Thanks; you are of course right. So, apart from all the other issues,
it's a complete non-starter unless and until generally accepted
abbreviations emerge for "Richmond/Clapham Junction to Stratford" et al.

And thanks for all the other points too.

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com