Old July 29th 11, 04:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Thameslink North South connections

"Peter Campbell Smith" wrote in message
"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Tattenham Corner - Welwyn Garden City

That must be one of the more obscure pairings. I wonder how many end-to-
end tickets they will sell?

Does it really matter? I think it isn't too relevant - they've always said
(in various consultation documents at least) that the linked pairs are not
that significant, the assumption is that most pax are only going to London,
and will change en route. The trick will be getting them to do so at the
best choice of station I expect, ie probably not Farringdon, best to leave
that for Crossrail interchange...

Should we assume new signs will be put up such as "Welcome to Cambridge,
twinned with Horsham", with civic leaders going on factfinding tours?

Paul