Old July 29th 11, 07:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink North South connections

In message , at 17:58:53 on
Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Paul Scott remarked:
Tattenham Corner - Welwyn Garden City

That must be one of the more obscure pairings. I wonder how many end-to-
end tickets they will sell?

Does it really matter? I think it isn't too relevant - they've always
said (in various consultation documents at least) that the linked pairs
are not that significant, the assumption is that most pax are only
going to London, and will change en route. The trick will be getting
them to do so at the best choice of station I expect, ie probably not
Farringdon, best to leave that for Crossrail interchange...

The best strategy for passengers is to change as soon as possible. That
means any passengers getting off at the following few stations will
release seats which they can grab before the boarding hordes can. So
SPILL southbound and perhaps Blackfriars northbound.