Old August 1st 11, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Roadside Ticket Machines run by London Buses - how useful / reliable are they?

"Mizter T" wrote in message

They're most certainly of use in the central London 'pay before you board'
area - or on bendy bus routes (albeit not for much longer) - when someone
doesn't have a ticket and needs one before they board the bus.

I haven't noticed a particular epidemic of the roadside ticket machines
being out of order of late - I'll endeavour to keep my eyes open in coming
weeks...

Is this a knock on effect of the local District/Circle closure? People who
don't normally use buses perhaps?

I haven't seen anything online about 'free' replacement buses - are people
being sent there expecting not to have to pay?

Paul S