Old August 5th 11, 01:02 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Google maps now helps navigate London Underground

Neil Williams wrote

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:59:07 -0700 (PDT), 1506
wrote:
Interesting addition to Google, it seems to ignore mainline

railways.

Indeed, it doesn't have the data. But I find it particularly useful
for "get me home" type searches locally. The addition of rail data
would be a real advantage.

Have you tried Transport Direct ?
It has both bus and rail.

http://www.transportdirect.info/Tran...Planning/Journ
eyPlannerInput.aspx?cacheparam=4#RouteOptions

It's the South East JP that I usually use.
http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk...?language=en&t
imeOffset=15

I just tested it for a Milton Keynes to Southwell (Notts) journey which
it didn't consider outside its area and which finishes (and can start)
with a bus.

It also works on the browser of a 3G Kindle.

--
Mike D