Old February 11th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Night BusTube

On 11 Feb 2004 20:47:47 GMT, (Proctor46) wrote:

Has there ever been talk about a BusTube...a night Bus running above tube
lines in Central London only stoping a tube stations... I know there has been
talk about running the Victoria Line all night ............

there are two routes which are very close to that logic but they do stop
at stops other than Tube Stations. They are the N5 and N20 which cover
the northern branches of the Northern Line to Edgware and Barnet. In one
case the route covers roads not served by daytime buses.

The South End of the Northern line night bus is probably the N155 in
large part.

The N73 does the top bit of the Vic Line.
The N29 does part of the Piccadilly Line and the N91 fills in other bits
like Arnos Grove and Cockfosters.
The N214 does Moorgate to Camden Town - the daytime route 214 was at one
time branded as the Northern Line or similar.

I'm sure there are others but the above gives a flavour.

HTH
--
Paul C