Old August 6th 11, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default An interesting article about heat in the tube in New Scientist

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 07:32:47 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

There's a page or so about it here, and IIRC it was mentioned in
TfL's underground board papers some time back:

http://www.rail.co/2011/02/06/revolution-on-the-tube/

I'm pretty sure it has been discussed in these newsgroups a few times
already.

A generally good article, let down by not understanding the difference
between 2009 and S stock.

I am probably wrong but I thought that Distance to Go signalling on
the Victoria Line was also, in effect, moving block. The article
suggests it is fixed block signalling which I don't think is really
correct.

Oh! That's a more serious limitation then. It implies it uses shorter but
still fixed blocks.

--
Colin Rosenstiel