Old August 9th 11, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink North South connections

In message , Roland Perry
wrote:
"Manually" is a slight distraction; he presses buttons in the gate box
to lower the barriers, then turns rotary switches to release the slots
(technical term) on the protecting signals CA113, CA114, CA551, and
CA556.

What I was contrasting wasn't whether he was in the box at the crossing
pressing button with his hands (manually) or his nose (nasally), but
whether he was doing it *at* the crossing,

Yes. I was just pointing out that he doesn't walk out of the box and
lower the barriers by hand (the way that, say, Elsenham crossing is
still worked).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org