Old February 11th 04, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Oyster Pre-Pay and Stratford Station

John Haines wrote the following in:

Originally there was only funding (from LUL) for the western half
- approximately the western 2/3rds of the current Concourse. The
Jubilee line gateline was part of this scheme but it would not
have provided a new entrance. The old entrance and linking tunnel
from the shopping centre, which looked a bit like entering a
public toilet (mostly subterranean and white tiled) would have
stayed.

The closure of the subway to the station from the shopping centre is
the only part of the design that I don't like. It's a shame they had to
do that although I suppose it's much better than keeping the original
entrance which was not nice at all.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
The Hutton Report is a whitewash! Long live the BBC!

Crime is confusing.