Old August 16th 11, 07:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On 2011-08-15 13:05:01 +0000, said:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:34:33 +0100
Clive wrote:
There weren't any interlocks on 62 stock, you've imagined it.
Huh? Interlocks in the guard's bell circuit came in with the 1938 stock.
No they didn't, I've worked on both 38 stock on the Northern, and 62
stock on the central, and neither have any interlock that interferes
with traction current when the doors are open.

So the trains could be driven normally even if all the doors were open?

I'm pretty sure I remember times when a train tried to move and the power
cut out because there were door issues.

B2003

Sometime a driver would very briefly apply power in an attempt to shake
loose a sticking door.

Maybe that's what was happening when I thought the driver had jumped
the bell. It was all very quick though.

But we don't seem to have established whether there was an interlock
with the bell, and how that would work differently at stations from
signal stops.

Someone says "wasn't there an interlock with the bell?" and then
someone else says "no, there was no interlock with the doors".