Old August 17th 11, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default 11 September - special train journeys, yay!

On 17/08/2011 12:55, Tristán White wrote:

This is for the 1938 train, but as an incentive tickets do include
unlimited journeys on the 1923 Sarah Siddons train (which makes it a
more attractive option, although there's no guarantee you'll get a
place on the Sarah Siddons - on Ian's blog it says "but also include
unlimited free trips on Sarah Siddons if seats are available." From
that it appears that they're not allowing people to stand on this
journey (which will also take away some of the authenticity of the
experience), and I guess that the likelihood of seats being available
will be pretty low, as it's only £5 for a ticket on the Siddons train,
and as I said it's free if you have bought a ticket for the 1938
train.

I've been at most of these events and there has never been a problem
with available space on this train. It's three locomotives on four
carriages, so there's no shortage of power, and the stewards don't count
people on and off anyway!