Old August 18th 11, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stadler's won the tender to provide six new trams for Croydon

In article ,
lid (Arthur Figgis) wrote:

On 18/08/2011 15:26, Tristán White wrote:
On Aug 18, 3:20 pm, Tristán wrote:

http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/new...stadler-wins-l.
..
Swiss company Stadler's won the £16.3m contract, towards which Croydon
Council contributes £3m.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I forgot to add, it's another kick
in the teeth for Bombardier. OK, this is nowhere near as lucrative a
project as the Thameslink one, which was lost out to Siemens, but it's
still surely something they would have hoped to win - Bombardier made
the current Croydon tram stock, didn't they?

Yes, but did Bombardier even bid for this batch? They weren't on the
shortlist, which IIRC was Stadler, Pesa and CAF/Edinburgh (one
careful owner, never used, still in the box).

Maybe they don't like such tiny orders, which is more Stadler's line.

Edinburgh will be disappointed then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel