Old August 20th 11, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads?

"Clive Page" wrote in message
Since I'm over 60 and living in England outside London I have an over-60
bus pass, which our local council persists in calling a Smart Card. It
does indeed contains an RFID chip which is supposed to be ITSO-compliant.

It will be ITSO compliant - the problem is that the Oyster system, and
therefore the readers on the buses aren't yet - although ITSO compatibility
was supposedly being trialled and then rolled out generally at some stage.

OTOH I believe London Freedom passes were replaced and are both Oyster and
ITSO compliant so they can be used elsewhere in England where the bus
readers are already ITSO standard...

Paul S