Old August 24th 11, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden Jnon oyster and was charged a zone 1-6 fare

On Aug 24, 12:20*am, yameste wrote:
I travelled last weekend from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney
Central via zone 2 changing at Willesden Jn and I was astonished
to find that they had charged me £2.70 for it. At Willesden Jn there
are no oyster validator machines on the southbound platform on the
NR/ tube line. I dont understand why I have been overcharged...

The 'default' fare for Harrow & Wealdstone to Hackney Central is via
zone 1 - this can be seen by checking the TfL single fare finder he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...inder/current/

To benefit from the cheaper non-zone 1 fare, you need to touch on a
pink Oyster route validator at Willesden Junction - if you click on
"Alternate fares" on the single fare finder then you'll see this
screen which explains this:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3mbxxq5

At Willesden Junction the pink Oyster route validators are actually
located at the entrances to the high-level North London Line platforms
- I'm pretty sure that one has to pass by them when going from the low-
level platforms (DC line/ Bakerloo) to the high-level platforms,
regardless of whether one goes the old way or the new way.