Old August 24th 11, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden Jn

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 24, 12:20*am, yameste wrote:
I travelled last weekend from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney
Central via zone 2 changing at Willesden Jn and I was astonished
to find that they had charged me £2.70 for it. At Willesden Jn there
are no oyster validator machines on the southbound platform on the
NR/ tube line. I dont understand why I have been overcharged...

The 'default' fare for Harrow & Wealdstone to Hackney Central is via
zone 1 - this can be seen by checking the TfL single fare finder he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...inder/current/

To benefit from the cheaper non-zone 1 fare, you need to touch on a
pink Oyster route validator at Willesden Junction - if you click on
"Alternate fares" on the single fare finder then you'll see this
screen which explains this: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3mbxxq5

At Willesden Junction the pink Oyster route validators are actually
located at the entrances to the high-level North London Line platforms
- I'm pretty sure that one has to pass by them when going from the low-
level platforms (DC line/ Bakerloo) to the high-level platforms,
regardless of whether one goes the old way or the new way.

No they are not. It is near the Electric lines platforms. I used it some
time back from Highbury and Islington to Putney via Clapham Junction and had
to walk all the way there and back when changing on the NLL platforms. There
is no pink validator on any platform at Willesden Junction. You should have
passed it after leaving the platform on your route though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel