Old August 24th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
andypurk andypurk is offline

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden Jn

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:25:56 +0100, yameste
wrote:

When you see its by the electric lines do you mean the DC lines. I was
walked from the first carriage of a southbound DC line train to the NLL
high level and I couldnt see one.
A few months ago I do remember seeing an oyster validator on the
northbound platform. Logically the oyster validator should be before you
enter the stairs frmo the DC lines to the NLL. This makes it easier for
everyone but I strongly suspect that they sited these validators in
suspicous locations because they want to chop (eat) the money so that
they can make lots of money !

There are two Oyster validators in the building which by the DC lines
footbridge at the southern end of the platforms. From this building there
is a passageway which leads to the high level North London Line platforms.
There used to also be at least one on the North London line part of the
station, but I don't recall if this has been moved.

The building concerned is marked by the arrow in this link to Google Maps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.532185,-0.243703&ll=51.532201,-0.243689&spn=0.001195,0.002798&sll=51.532462,-0.244456&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0& z=19

and there are always people validating when I go past.