Old August 24th 11, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden Jn on oyster and was charged a zone 1-6 fare

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Aug 24, 12:20 am, yameste wrote:
I travelled last weekend from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney
Central via zone 2 changing at Willesden Jn and I was astonished
to find that they had charged me £2.70 for it. At Willesden Jn there
are no oyster validator machines on the southbound platform on the
NR/ tube line. I dont understand why I have been overcharged...

The 'default' fare for Harrow & Wealdstone to Hackney Central is via
zone 1 - this can be seen by checking the TfL single fare finder he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...inder/current/

Frankly that makes no sense.

Why would anyone make a journey involving two changes if they could make
one? It's not as if they are avoiding the (relatively) low frequency NLL by
doing so, they've always got to make some of the journey on this line. Nor
are the connections nice, the "wrong" way connection at Oxford Circus is a
longish walk as is the route from the Vic to the ground level platforms at
H&I (or am I confusing this with FP?)

And it can't be "quicker" this way. If it was, the default route from
Willesden to Hackney would be via Z1, but it isn't

tim